Sunday, December 20, 2020

Keep Calm and Drink Tea

Since Covid has cancelled most of the 'official' holiday fun (no citywide dances, class parties, etc.), HG's friend's mama sought out some safe 'fancy fun' and invited us to tea at Chez Philippe at the Peabody on December 19th. It was the perfect place to have some distanced holiday fun (we had a whole section of the restaurant and the hotel wasn't very crowded), and Cressey did surprisingly well during the almost two hour event (although she basically ate none of the food). 

Beforehand, we had fun walking around the hotel and seeing their Christmas decorations, and Cress talked me into buying her a wooden walking duck before tea. I really fought it and kept telling her we could come back afterward because I didn't want to carry it, but she wore me down and we bought it before the tea. (The duck was a little sentimental to me- I remember Popa Frank buying me one just like it when I was little.) Turns out that the duck saved the day and kept Cressey entertained during tea. Our waiter also gave all the girls a little rubber ducky that quacked, so that helped too. We had such a fun holiday experience with our friends!


Photo cred goes to Cress who refused to be in most pics





Whoa! Sugar cubes! Peggy would be so proud.


Chez Philippe did a great job of including kid friendly options as well as grown up options (although I'm still thinking about that strawberry and Nutella kids' option...)





Duck on the loose!


No comments: