Sunday, May 27, 2012

*Officially* Three

For Helen Grace’s first and second birthdays, John and I have taken her to the zoo. Since we were having her party there this year, John suggested going to the Children’s Museum on her actual birthday, and HG was all about it. He had to go into work that Friday morning for a few hours, but HG and I met him at the Children’s Museum around noon. Although I tried to keep her awake, she dozed off on the ride up there, but luckily, I was able to wake her up when we arrived and she was reasonably happy. We played and played and finally convinced her to stop to eat for a minute!

That night, we had our family over for a very casual pizza dinner. Suzanne, Grace Ann, and Gloria came in from Jackson, and Helen Grace was beside herself to see them. She and Grace Ann disappeared upstairs immediately and we rarely saw them again, other than a blur from the stairs to the back door!

Since it was Friday AND her birthday, we let her sleep in our bed that night. As her time of birth approached, 9:21 p.m., she asked to see pics of her in Mommy’s tummy or as a baby. I loved that she was interested, although John claims she was stalling which might be true. But regardless, maybe there’s a chance she’ll look back at all these blogs I’m writing for her. Getting to fall asleep with her in my arms three years to the hour of giving birth to her was more of a gift to me than anything in this world. I can’t put into words how much of a life-changer she has been in the most amazingly-happy-tears way, and I am so forever thankful to her for making me a mama!

IMG_1784 IMG_1786 IMG_1788 IMG_1789 cmom IMG_1791 IMG_1797 IMG_1798 IMG_1799 IMG_1801 IMG_1802 IMG_1803IMG_1804He’s really a good sport.IMG_1806IMG_1807 IMG_1809 IMG_1810 IMG_1811 Bubba’s hopscotch game was a big hit.IMG_1812 IMG_1815 She wouldn’t slow down long enough to sit in her birthday chair, but Baby Doll and Punzel kept it warm for her.IMG_1816 IMG_1817 IMG_1818 Nini and Teddy gave her this Monster Truck. Never did I think my baby girl would be this excited over a TRUCK… :)IMG_1820 Kissing Punzel and Belle night nightnight night kisses “I’m THREE!!” @ 9:21 p.m.three edited

No comments: