Sunday, June 11, 2023

Taylor Swift: Eras Tour

Tickets for Taylor Swift's Eras Tour came out months ago (and caused Ticketmaster to crash), and I didn't rush to buy them with all the hoopla. I soon (and too late) learned that it was an "eras" tour with music from ALL of her albums. What?! The FOMO soon hit and hit hard! Helen Grace's first concert was her Reputation tour in Nashville in 2017, and I was all in my feels about going to another one of her shows together.

This last month, I really started to look for tickets, letting everyone I knew know that I was happy to buy some. On a Friday night, a week before the show, a local store put up an Instagram story that they were selling two to her Nashville show, and I jumped on it. I told HG the next morning as we left for Oxford, and I will never forget her face. We had fun planning and shopping for our album-inspired outfits.

On May 5th, I checked her out of school at lunch, and we hit the road to Nashville! We checked into the Double Tree downtown and had a fun time getting all dolled up. We headed out around 5:00, stopped to see Maddie at her hotel nearby, and then walked across the bridge to the stadium to grab some dinner and hang out in the rain to watch the opening acts. We soon learned the bracelet trade we'd heard about was real, and some very sweet girls shared some with HG which she LOVED. The rain came and went for a few hours, but by the time Taylor came out at 8:00, the rain had moved on through. She played constantly for THREE HOURS with so many outfit changes. I LOVED watching HG sing every single word. I had no idea she knew some of those songs. 

We woke up early/ literally rolled HG out of bed and into the car to get back to Memphis for Cressey's dance recital, but we made such great memories made together! 

Telling her the news


Made it to Nashville




Instagram: HG's boots, Reality: Mama's tennis shoes
























No comments: