Thursday, December 23, 2010

Weekend Recap

Last Friday night was a pretty momentous one. It marked the first time that Helen Grace stayed with anyone outside of our family. I went to see my dear friend and coworker as Peter Pan at Playhouse on the Square, and I obviously wasn’t thinking when I picked the date. With it being both Bubba and Peg’s birthday and John having a soccer game, I was totally out of family members to babysit. I asked Christy Magnifico, one of John’s former players, to keep HG since she’s a very familiar face in our family and was even at the hospital the night that HG was born. HG was shy with her at first but soon warmed up, and I snuck out the back door as they walked into the kitchen. They did fine (with no tears) until bedtime. At that point, HG had a little break down, and Christy said all she could hear was “Mama, Mama, Mama!” Talk about heartbreak! John got home from his game to find Christy pinned under a sleeping HG upstairs in her rocker, so apparently the break down didn’t last long and she was soon off to dreamland. I’m happy to have that ‘first’ behind me, but I obviously didn’t let go of her for the rest of the weekend.

Saturday night was my Vaco Christmas party. John was out of town for another game, so Helen Grace was my date. We could only stay about an hour before her bedtime, but she really behaved well and was the life of the party. My boss’ dog was a big hit. She was super calm and let HG love all over her. HG would just laugh and laugh when Angel’s tail hit her in the face.

CIMG7015 She loved to pet this zebra rug.CIMG7019 CIMG7022 CIMG7025

Sunday morning we went to Central Church to see Baby Isaiah be dedicated. Luckily, the ceremony was immediately at the beginning of the ceremony, so we were able to get in and out of the sanctuary. I thought for sure Helen Grace would be running wild through the aisles. As we took pictures with Billy, Sarah, and the rest of the family, HG was greatly entertained by all the pretty Christmas “tees” and decorations. We met everyone for lunch at McAlister’s afterward and had a fun time visiting with some old friends.

CIMG7028 CIMG7030 CIMG7034 CIMG7035 CIMG7036 CIMG7038 CIMG7039 Billy’s nieces Adelaide (below) and Flannery were all about HG and will make wonderful babysitters one day.CIMG7040 CIMG7041 

We rounded off the weekend watching John play an indoor soccer game. My parents came too, and we loved watching HG running up and down the ramp. She thought it was great because she made such a loud noise!

CIMG7046 Kisses for DaddyCIMG7047 CIMG7048 “WEEEE!”CIMG7049 CIMG7051

No comments: