Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Big Girl

So tonight was a very sad night for me. Over the last week or two, I have continued to put Helen Grace down in her bed awake after reading a few books, but since she will only let me clip her nails when she’s ASLEEP, tonight I tried to rock her to sleep. She let me rock her for a few minutes, and then she sat up and pointed at her bed. What??? She asked to be put in bed? My little girl is growing up!

It’s also hitting me how amazing it is that I can have conversations with her now. Last night when she was in the bathtub, I was singing Old Mac Donald to her, and I stopped and asked her what animal to sing about and she answered me…over and over suggesting new animals. And today, a friend of mine showed her a toy animal and asked her what it was and then what noise it made, and she answered her repeatedly. So weird!

She went clothes shopping with me today. I know, didn’t I say I wasn’t going to do that anymore? While it proved to be a lot of work for me to bring her along, it sure was nice to have someone in the dressing room with me saying, “Preh-tty!” every time I tried something on.

Helen Grace loves to point out big 18 wheelers on the road, and she’s spent most waking hours in the car lately screaming, “Truck!!” and then, “Vrrooommm!” Unfortunately, her daddy was not so great at the “tr” sound when he was little, and it came out as “f.” Needless to say, his mom was pretty petrified when he would try to scream, “truck.” I’m glad she has picked up that blend better than her daddy. :)

Looking for kittieslooking for kitties EVERYTHING is a phone…even her breakfast bar.breakfast bar bath She came along with me to my doctor’s appointment.doctors office She was pretty much a blur the entire time we were in the waiting room, but at least she was relatively quiet. :)doctors office3doctors office2 Her new favorite perchCIMG7433

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Man Sha, I feel your pain on the bed thing. But sadly for us, the actually wanting to go be put down in the bed only lasted for a few weeks. Haha. Elem still lays on the couch with me to fall asleep and I dont care what people say, I love every minute of it! LOL. I am sure Helen Grace will still give you your sweet mommy and baby cuddle time, just give her a couple of days to enjoy spreading out in her bed. She is too cute!