Sunday, May 5, 2024

Funny-isms

In July 2023 at Houghton, Cressey said, "I'm a crazy lady- I got that from Peggy!"

One morning, a friend texted me to say the I-40 bridge was at a standstill and to share with our Arkansas friends. Even with leaving early, it took them an hour and 15 mins to get to school. I was telling Cressey the story that night, and she said, "Man! The car at the front of the line made a BAAAD decision!"

August 30, 2023- "I love living with you, Mama" (Cress)

On the way to school one morning, Cressey told us how some bad guy had stolen Taylor Swift's music, so if you listen to it, you should only listen to "Taylor Swift's version." Thanks to her wise babysitter, Annie :)

I was listening to the SIX soundtrack, and Cressey asked what it was about. I started telling her about the king who married six women, and she interrupted and told me how he disagreed with the pope and had some of them beheaded. Lol! That was thanks to the "Who Is" show...

Sept 22, 2023- "I'm so glad you're my mama" (Cress)

When John and I were leaving for Vegas, Cress said, "I just can't bear it!" And when we got home, she was sobbing in the garage, "I'm so grateful!"

Nov 20, 2023- At the barn, Louise asked which sister did what better. Cressey said she was better at "facing her challenges." HG said she was better at "working under stress."

Jan 16, 2024- HG and I were picking on each other, and she was threatening to do something to me (can't remember what). I opened my mouth to say "and you'd be dead," and she said, "I know- I'd be dead! That's what ought to be on your gravestone!" I can't tell you how proud I am! lol!

Feb 22, 2024- Girls and I were talking about how we hadn't been to the moon since 1972. Cressey says, "Wow! They need to step up their game!"

Spring Break 2024- I helped Cressey clean up. "Mama, you're magic; I don't know what I'd do without you!"

No comments: