Saturday, March 19, 2022

Galentine's

In an effort to celebrate strong girl friendships (and an excuse to throw a fun party), HG and I had planned a Galentine's dinner party for her besties. It happened to fall the day after Bubba's funeral, but it was something really fun to focus on and not let me sit in my emotions. Plus, William was staying with us, so we put him to work. He can make a great balloon banner by following the instructions- lol! We kicked him out to Spiffer and GD's by party time and sent Cressey to her first slumber party at Kate's that night, so it was all about HG and her friends! 

Helen Grace and I made a Valentine's themed charcuterie board and a candy board, we used my new Cricut machine to make personalized cups, she picked out a bracelet for each girl, and we ordered heart-shaped pizza and MemPops. The girls stayed from 5-10 p.m. and watched most of 10 Things I Hate About You, TikTok-ed, and ran around like crazy.

I see this look of annoyance from him quite often




He was making fun of all the pics we were taking



Poor Etsy vendor sent me a C instead of G for the Galentine's banner






Of course I had to have a themed shirt and earrings- duh!


John opened the pizza box and just shook his head. Bless him.







Mocha is always at the center of everything in this house.


And Cressey had the time of her life at Kate's house for her first friend sleepover. She had a few moments of being homesick but also wanted to stay. (We talked before she left about it being ok to have two different emotions at the same time.) She made it though! And she and Kate woke Jennifer up at something like 4:30 or 5 (lordy), but they played on their iPads until the sun started to actually shine!










No comments: