Friday, April 2, 2021

Toohig Tidbits: February

"I'm blonde!" (Cressey, meaning 'blind')

Cressey's favorite new catchphrase..."Daaaaannnnnggg!" and "Holy mackerel!" and "Girlfriend!" She still says 'holded' and 'catched.'

Cress likes to ask, "How was your day, mama?" And she'll hug you and say, "You're such a good mama!"

Cressey was having a bad dream, and we were talking about "restarting" your bad dream. She said, "Oh wait, it's reloading now!" Another night, she was in our bed, trying to go to sleep, and she said, "You're a good mama." I responded with, "I don't know what I'm doing. I try. I try to lead with the heart." She said, "It works good."

"Daddy called me clever" - Cress

When HG complained about only ice, no snow, Cress piped up, "That's part of life."

On a snow day, Cress was watching her iPad and her Zoom class reminder pops up, and she said, "Ok, JK, here I come!"

When HG was using the blender (too loud), Cressey asked, "Are you please done?!"











Don't you mess with mama (on the floor), sis (HG)! Getting some air support







CLINGY




When one sister forgets her riding boots at home so mama lends her her boots but then the other sister HAS to go to the potty ASAP... (barefoot at the barn)




PLEASE! No more pics!






HG, why has your booty grown so much?!


All unicorned up


A little Corkie visit




She's ready for college- cold pizza and cereal for breakfast


I have no clue



Hard to see in the winter time but important to document. Cress calls this tree in the foreground 'Bear Tree' and hollers at it every time we turn to go to Grandma's house. In the summer time, the branches fill in more, and it looks like he's got two bushy ears. 



Daddy and Uncle CB putting together a new trampoline at Grandma's, reminding me of my watching my daddy and uncle building my playhouse in the backyard and then giving up my paci










Our girls love nothing more than making a fort/ mess with pillows and blankets


Mani time!


Working on Valentine's cards for grandparents


HG's creation



Some random sisterly love




I had a quick lunch with Grace Ann and Worth when I had an Oxford work day


And an after school snack with the Smiths


Her finished pottery creation came in! And she chose to give it to the kitties for a water bowl in the kitchen.








A little tease of the snow that would be coming later that month...just ice this time though!


HG made a layered cake and decided her daddy needed to blow out a candle like a birthday


He was a good sport






My "helpers" while I scrapbooked



Daddy treats his girls right on Valentine's!


HG's new glasses


Meeting Archie








Already tearing up the square



We swung by Grace Ann's dorm, and I thought HG was going to knock her over!







THIS IS AMAZING



HG and her daddy went to dinner on Valentine's with Maddie and her daddy, so Cress and I had a very special night at home with a heart shaped pizza and lots of karaoke.







Almost done with my 2020 puzzle



Happy Valentine's Day! (and SNOWWWWW)









She loved working on her schoolwork on snow days


Again, CLINGY






Blue loves Bunny Monkey too











Valentine's dress up day at school- when they FINALLY got to go back and have a party!





After school scooter ride with Ava


My dinner helper


Ballerinas with Ms. Reagan





Community Helper Day- HG made this nametag for C's vet outfit


At the last minute, she balked at the scrubs I bought her, but we made it work with just the coat. She was really worried the rest of her class wouldn't be dressed up, so she was very hesitant.


But then she got there and saw everyone decked out, and then she was HAPPY!



Even made the school Instagram!


Decorating cookies that Aunt Brandy sent








First soccer practice of the season- she loved that it is at 'Daddy's school'




Cressey and I went for an overnight getaway to Opryland & Soundwaves for Presley's birthday.


Gotta jump on a hotel bed, right???





Had to head straight to the waterpark after we set our bags down



And then dinner


Sunday morning, we were up bright and early and set out to explore a little.



Found a doughnut!




Cress missed the kitties and needed a report from home





Back to the waterpark Sunday! Cress really just wanted to swim around in the 3 ft deep pool and float in the lazy river. No interest in slides.






Before we hit the road to get back home, I promised her we could sled. We were the only people there when we got there!




Home again


No comments: