Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ice Cream Date with Thomas

On Saturday, we celebrated our friend Clayton’s second birthday at his airplane themed party. This was the best pic I could get of the two on-the-go toddlers. His mom, Amy, was my grand little DG sis. Hope you had a great birthday, Clayton!CIMG9475

Helen Grace is loving the fall for one reason- she could play for hours with gourds, moving them from one bowl to the next, and carrying around our pumpkins.punkins punkins1 

Her future’s so bright…CIMG9481 

Our friends the Mullins were in town this weekend, and we were so excited to spend some time with them and watch the kids run wild. On Saturday night, we met them for dinner at Newk’s and Gracie Bleu’s. Helen Grace is so enthralled by Thomas and will chase him around squealing, “Thomas!” Gabriella is getting to be such a big girl and loves to flirt.

CIMG9483 CIMG9487 CIMG9489 CIMG9490 CIMG9491 Playing at Nini and Teddy’sCIMG9493 CIMG9494

On Friday afternoon, we took the kitties to the vet, Cat & Cow.  It’s an awesome, rural vet with all kinds of farm animals, and Helen Grace had a great time “calling” the cows.

Some funny things she’s saying…

Bubba and I were talking on the phone the other day. She told me to tell Helen Grace hi and to be good for Mommy. When I later told Helen Grace what she said, HG responded, “Silly Bubba!”

When she’s done with her milk, she says, “Milk all gone. In my tummy. Down my throat. It’s full up.”

She loves to say, “Follow me!”

I’ve heard her singing a song with “Cosanna” in it, which I assumed she meant “Hosanna.” I haven’t been singing any songs with “Hosanna,” but she wouldn’t finish it for me to tell what it was. Finally, she told me the other day that it was a song she sang at school. Sure enough, today her teacher confirmed that they do sing a song that goes something like, “Ho Ho Ho, Hosanna, Ha Ha Ha, Hallelujah…”

When she’s ready to get out of the bathtub, she will tell me that she wants to “shake her booty.” As soon as I towel her off, she streaks out of the room and runs around our room screaming, “I shaking my booty!!!”

Last night, I laid in bed with her for an hour, and she was wide awake and fought sleep big time. She *finally* fell asleep, but I had lost all my patience and was exhausted. By the time I got downstairs and in my pjs, she was awake again and crying for me. I decided it was time for tough love and refused to go back up there. After a good while, John finally gave in and went up there, and a few minutes later, she calmed down and went to sleep. This morning when I went to get her out of bed, I asked her how she slept. She told me that she was crying because she needed her mommy. TEAR! This parenting thing is tough!!

1 comment:

Hope said...

bless your heart! when that day comes I know it will rip my heart out!