Thursday, October 13, 2011

Elliott’s Christening

On Sunday, Helen Grace and I were thrilled to take a little road trip to see Elliott (or Elli Kate or Elli Cat) be christened and dedicated to the Lord. We were happy and excited to be there to show our friends how much that they mean to us.

To say that we left our mark on that beautiful, little bitty country church would be an understatement. Not sure we’ll be able to show our faces there again. Helen Grace made it through the first part of the service easily, but in the middle of the sermon, it became evident that she was working on a diaper and it wasn’t pretty. Then, she got mad because I only had water available for her and not juice. And finally, she decided that she wanted back the book she had let Haney play with. As her whines hit a fever pitch, I grabbed her in my arms and started running for the door- the only escape was at the front of the church. I swear the preacher had to stop talking since he couldn’t be heard over my child screaming, “I WANT MY BOOK!!!!” I just hope that I made it out of the sight of the congregation before they saw me slap my hand over her mouth. What a little turkey!

After HG and I spent the rest of the service hiding in the empty church nursery, we enjoyed an amazing home cooked lunch at Rebecca and Will’s house (on fine china too- what a treat!). While it was a little chaotic with all the friends and cousins bouncing off the walls (and despite HG nibbling on Adickes during a wrestling match), it was great to be there together and to celebrate little Elliott. I can’t wait to see what she’s like when she’s able to have an opinion and stand up for herself with all these other fiesty little chicks!

What a beautiful child. Every Thomas child is stunning- they have good genes ;)CIMG9499 Haney and Helen Grace enjoyed their lunch too.CIMG9500 Our little pirates- in this picture, they were saying, “Arrggg!” and looking for treasure.CIMG9502 CIMG9503This might be the first picture we have of all five little chicks- Elliott, Adickes, Leighton, HG, and Haney. Haney’s little sister, Mallory, will be here within a month. We are overflowing with estrogen!five girlsIt didn’t take too long on the open road before I looked back and found this. Worn out from a very fun day!ride home

No comments: