Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Our Little Monkey

Wow, how could our girl get any more spunk? Last week, we had a busy week of HG showing us her independence!

First, when she was at Grandma’s one day, she was eating a Rice Krispie treat in her high chair. She wanted to get down and had just one last bite in her hand. Ms. Jeanne saw her eyeing Buster Dog with the Rice Krispie treat, and she warned HG not to give him that bite. HG started to walk into the other room, and she turned to look at Buster and motioned to him with her hand to follow her. WHAT?!

Then, last Wednesday, I was getting ready in my bathroom and HG was watching cartoons in the den. She had just gotten out of the bath, so she was running around in her diaper before I got her dressed. After a few minutes, I went to check on her, and she met me in my bedroom naked as a jaybird!!! That little booger figured out how to get her diaper off, and she was so happy with herself!

And later on Wednesday, the unthinkable happened…she woke us up that night at 3 a.m., just screaming like crazy. I went up to check on her, rocked her, put her back in bed, and she woke up crying again. As it was then 3:30 a.m. and I had to work the next day, I brought her to our bed…and John promptly took her back upstairs to her bed. While he tried to soothe her and get her to sleep, I slipped a sippy cup onto her nightstand in case he needed it. He finally gave up, came back to bed, and let her cry it out. The wails got louder and more dramatic, and I said to John, “I’m worried she’s going to throw herself out of her crib.” And no sooner than a minute later, we heard a BIG thud. I jumped out of bed and ran upstairs to find her standing at her door with her lovie in one hand and her sippy cup in the other. I promptly took her bumper pads out and laid them on the floor surrounding her bed, and luckily, we have not had an encore performance. Whew!

Enjoy some pics from last week.

Meeting Frankie Grace Mattice…born Sept. 28, 2010CIMG6246 CIMG6248 This was all HG wanted to do- climb on the windowsill behind the couch.CIMG6249 CIMG6250 I didn’t get much time with my hands free that day…frankie1 …so I went back the next day for some real quality time.frankie2 Fascinated by the washing machineCIMG6251 Loves to put her sunglasses on her head…I guess I do that a little too often?CIMG6254 “Having a ball” at TargetCIMG6256 CIMG6258

No comments: