Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First Mani

After her bath tonight, I was trying to get Helen Grace to let me trim her toenails. (I have to sneak into her room after she’s asleep to trim them, and that is getting REALLY old.) She put up quite the protest, but I offered to paint them for her if she let me clip them. That caused her to pause and then ask if I’d paint her fingernails. Well, for a mom that has been waiting almost two YEARS for her little girl to ask that question, I was up off the couch like a firework and running for the polish! She was as giddy as a school girl as I showed her how to lay her hands out flat and shook the polish bottle. She behaved very well and let me paint away, watching my every move. She even stayed still and let them dry, and then we headed upstairs to show Daddy. Somewhere along the way, she decided she wanted the polish OFF and OFF N-O-W. I went scrambling for the polish remover, but once she saw the cotton ball, she retracted her demand. So we headed upstairs to Daddy and bed again, and she loved showing them off to John; however, when we got to her room, she started freaking out again. At that point, I chalked it up to a stall technique and pushed through it. She is sleeping with pale pink fingernails tonight and seems to be alright with it at the moment! Geez!IMG_1475 IMG_1477 IMG_1481 IMG_1483 IMG_1484

No comments: