Saturday, February 4, 2012

{Sick} Gym Rat

On Friday, we finally got to check out the Sega Gym in Collierville that all of our friends have been telling us about. They have a play hour for kids under 5 on Fridays, and Helen Grace really loved it. We felt like we were on a playdate with our MOT group since so many of our friends were there. I also ran into two friends that I hadn’t seen since college, so I’ll try to wear make up next time. :)

CIMG0679 CIMG0696 

Afterward, we went on a long overdue lunch date with the Baldersons. (Can you believe Callum turned three on Saturday?!) During lunch, Helen Grace stood between my legs with her head in my lap, which seemed odd but I attributed to being worn out from the gym. She finally took my phone, walked over to the bench with Callum, and laid out next to him. Within minutes, she was snoring. I got her to the car in a drowsy state and she fell back asleep in the car for almost two hours.

newks- clingy newks- knocked out newks- zzzz

When she woke up, she was warm with pink rosy cheeks. As time passed, she became warmer and warmer and eventually was roasting. She wouldn’t get off my lap and was very lethargic and cranky. She hadn’t had a bite to eat all day. When John got home from work, he confirmed my fear that she indeed looked awful and was officially sick. He headed to Walgreens for Motrin, popsicles, and a new thermometer (one of ours read 99 and the other 103). We had a fitful night- the Motrin only gave her a few hours of comfort, and she would only sleep if she were touching me. We finally got up around 5:00 a.m., got more medicine and juice in her, and then curled up in our bed. She slept until 8:00 and woke up cool at last. We missed Callum’s birthday party but had a slow, lazy day with lots of Rapunzel. We knew that she was on the road to recovery when she requested chocolate ice cream and pepperoni pizza!

sick sick2

No comments: