Tuesday, February 7, 2012

She’s Officially a Little Person

“Stuck Like Glue”  We were all in the car the other day, and Sugarland’s “Stuck Like Glue” came on the radio. Helen Grace was watching Tangled on my phone in the backseat, and out of nowhere, she said, “Here, Mommy!” and handed me my phone with the “Stuck Like Glue” video playing. One time, months ago, she found the video on my phone and watched it over and over several times, but she hasn’t touched it since then. She has a memory like an elephant! She’s stayed on a Sugarland kick this week though because I have caught her singing along with the words- so funny!

That’s my girl!   Tonight, I took Helen Grace along to our homeowners’ association meeting. She thought it was so cool to be going to a grown up meeting ‘with lots of people’ and kept sshhing me throughout the time (which was really embarrassing because I wasn’t even talking!). She entertained herself well, and 45 minutes later, I had to twist her arm to get her out of there in time to get home to wind down for bed. As we walked out to the car, she looked up at me and said, “Thank you, Mommy, for bringing me here.” What?? She loves going to meetings and being involved and responsible? She is a dream come true!

The Princess and the Pea   Also, tonight, I caught her on video reading The Princess and the Pea to herself. She’s mumbling a bit because she was really just talking to herself, but she’s got the story down pat.

1 comment:

Hope said...

she is too precious and going to make a fine Delta Gamma one day!