Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Birds!

Helen Grace told her daddy that if he were patient, the birds would come to the new bird feeder. Today was the big day! While HG was sitting at the table for a mid-morning pizza snack, I noticed both kitties sitting in the window and thought it was a cute pic. As I stood up to snap the pic, I noticed why they were sitting there so still…a bird was on the feeder! Throughout the day, we saw two more and even a squirrel. I have a feeling we’ll all spend a lot of time at the kitchen window in the next few months.

“Say cheese, Momo!” (love that pizza-covered face!)poor momoSee the birdie on the pole?!kitties

Granddaddy watched HG for me this afternoon, and he sent this pic to me during naptime. This cuddle brings tears to my eyes for more than one reason. Granddaddy’s arm that she is cuddled up against is the same arm that a very nasty and rare cancer attacked almost six years ago. So many wonderful and God given things have happened to bring us from that period of panic to now, and I am eternally (and tearfully) grateful.gdaddy nap

No comments: