Monday, December 13, 2010

Feet in the Air

Tonight, we had another funny bath time happening at the Toohig house. I started the water running in the tub for Helen Grace's bath and left the drain open. As I waited for it to warm up, I turned to go into my closet to change into my pajamas and left Helen Grace standing by the tub, fully clothed this time. (I have learned my lesson about prematurely undressing her.) No sooner had I stepped into my closet, I hear, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" I stick my head out of the closet and see HG's feet in the air, head over heels into the tub! She had leaned over to try to get to the water and was holding herself up with her hands on the bottom of the tub and her feet just a' kicking...all while she was getting drenched by the running water! Oh, the craziness never ends!

I couldn't help but think of a story from my childhood. When I was about three years old, I fell head first into my aunt and uncle's hot tub (that WAS filled with water), and my aunt caught me by my ankles. What is it with the Moore girls being mesmerized with water?! Ha!

Later tonight, John and I were sitting in the den, and HG wandered back into our room. We soon heard her babbling up a storm. John said, "You know she's talking to herself in the mirror, don't you?" Sure enough, I walked in there and found her in front of our full length mirror talking up a storm. Hilarious!

And on a separate but sweet note, I want to mention for my memory's sake that Helen Grace has literally not left my lap for the last several days. She has always been a Mama's girl, but this is a whole new level. If I'm sitting on the couch, she completely lays out on top of me and gets upset when I stand up. If I am sitting at the table eating, she is in my lap. If we go out somewhere, she spends the first few minutes plastered to my leg or in my arms, and when she does get brave and lets go, she will hold my hand and drag me along with her. I know this shy and clingy stage won't last forever, and it melts my heart. I'm trying to remember every second of it.

No comments: