Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Elf Has Landed

After two weeks of not being able to make it to MOTs and Helen Grace (and me) having an emotional breakdown the last time, I was really dreading going back this week; however, I am pleased to report that my constant prayers over the last few days and every minute of the drive to church this morning were heard. Best time yet! We had to be there early to deliver some snacks for our group, so she was clingy at first but had time to warm up and start exploring. By the time the nursery opened up, she walked right into the room with her friends, and I made a mad dash for it. When I came to pick her up, she was terribly busy playing in the kitchen, and Mrs. Kathy had to interrupt her to let her know Mama was there. When she finally looked up and saw me, she shrieked and ran over to me, full of smiles and giggles. WHEW. I am so relieved.

We met John for lunch afterward. I’m not sure the pics do it justice, but the child was so intent on coloring that she had her belly on the table and her feet off the ground. Crazy girl!

And last but not least, our Elf on the Shelf made his first appearance tonight…in Helen Grace’s stocking! I can’t wait to see her face tomorrow when she sees it. Christmas through a child’s eyes is so amazing!

CIMG6810CIMG6811CIMG6816  Some of the finished products of our paint-a-piece experience…the grandparents appropriately ooohed and aaahed when HG proudly gave the ornaments to them. She likes to carry ours around the house. :)CIMG6813

No comments: