Wednesday, August 12, 2020

HG's First Water Ski!

One of John's oldest friends, Lindsey, is a champion water skier. As much as HG loves the water and has an adventurous spirit, we wanted to get her on a lake this summer and let her give water skiing a try, so naturally, we invited ourselves to Lindsey's lake house and asked if he'd give her some lessons. 

We settled on Saturday, August 1st, and wouldn't you know it- it was chilly and rainy that morning. Hadn't seen weather like that for months. We waited for a while before setting out for the lake, and finally, we just decided to give it a go and maybe it'd push off. When we got to the lake, it was still spitting a bit, but finally, John, Lindsey, and HG set off in the smaller, teaching ski boat (with a boom off the side). I felt like a piece of my heart was floating away from me as I watched them set off, but HG looked so happy and confident (even though her mama would have been a big ole scaredy cat doing that!). Cressey and I stayed at their house, played with their doll of a doggy, and waited on pins and needles for news. 

Slowly, I started getting texts from John. "She got up on the first try. Went for almost a minute." "She's loving it!" "She's killing it!" Ohmygah, I was jumping for joy! Soon, Lindsey's wife, Jaclyn, took us out on the big ski boat to meet them and I got to see HG's success and joy with my own eyes! She only fell one time, and Lindsey says it was just a set-up goof. I still can't believe it. She was so brave and tough, taking all of Lindsey's instructions, and she loved every minute of it.

Meanwhile, Cressey couldn't wait to get on a boat. She was eager to get into the water too until she got to the edge of the boat looking down at the big ole lake. HG was able to talk her into it though, and once she got comfortable, it was hard to get her out of it! While John and Lindsey were surfing or HG skiing, she'd be asking, "When can I swim?!"

Our water babies sure did have a grand time on the lake, and Cressey asked multiple times on Sunday if we could go back. I see many more lake days in our future!

One of the first few times up on the boom


Moved to the back of the small ski boat


I came up on her skiing behind the small boat


Skiing behind the big boat at the end of the day


Waving goodbye and good luck








Cress finally gets her turn on the water!









f









Cress was playing with my phone and got a little artistic






No comments: