Thursday, July 2, 2020

Cressey's First Tooth

When the girls had their dental check up in early March, I talked to Dr. B about a lower middle tooth of Cressey's that appeared to be darkening. He agreed that it looked like it had been damaged several weeks/months ago and that it might get wiggly which would be fine since kids can start losing their teeth as early as four years old. Sure enough, on June 9th, Cressey told me that tooth was loose. I was SHOCKED to look in her mouth to see a big girl tooth poking through her gums right behind it! From the get go, she was very interested in trying to pull it and asked us often to give it a wiggle, but it just wasn't ready yet.


On the afternoon of June 22nd, I set out to run a quick errand and left HG in charge at home. Before I got out of the neighborhood, John called and said he'd do it, so I turned around and came back home. When I walked in the door, I found Cressey sitting on the kitchen counter and HG trying to pull her tooth. Cress had been eating a cupcake and said, "Sissy, this really hurts my tooth." It only took two tries before HG got it, and Cressey went through the whole gamut of emotions from excitement to pain to confusion (about the blood) and quickly back to happiness. To watch HG and her pure joy for her sissy and the tender loving care that she gave her was a GIFT. The two of them were jumping up and down to show daddy when he came home!


















At bedtime, she got a little nervous about the tooth fairy coming into her room, so we agreed I would put it right outside her door. When she woke up at 6:30 a.m., she was in a panic because she thought the tooth fairy hadn't come. I was scrambling to remind her through the monitor to look outside her door and also running upstairs to see her reaction. The tooth fairy left her "5 dollar bucks," and she was SO excited!






Showing sissy her reward



No comments: