Sunday, March 8, 2020

Toohig Tidbits: February



A rare zoo outing with just Cressey





A beautiful winter/ spring-ish night for s'mores




Hard at work






If Spiffer is at our house and even more specially in the playroom, there's a big turf war for her attention!





Playdate with Remi



When we crossed the bridge to go to Arkansas, Cressey was reminded of the Pyramid (Bass Pro). She was begging to go back, so after several days of getting out of the car at carpool without a fuss, she and I went downtown to chase ducks and play on four-wheelers and boats. I popped a quarter in the bullseye game, and she loved the gun!







As we drive from HG's door to Cressey's door, sometimes Cressey will lay upside down on my console and 'fly upside down'



We went out to McAlisters, Cressey got upset about something and walked over to another booth, and HG said, "Don't worry, Mama, I got this."



Cress and I were sitting in the den chair. I leaned down to get something for HG, and Cress immediately swiveled around and made herself comfortable sitting against my back.


A new storage bucket means a new seat for Cress


"Playing in the snow"



When Cress got out of the car at carpool, the teacher helped her put her hand in the 'snow' on the ledge by the front door and then shared this sweet pic with me.


Well....make yourself comfortable...


Playdate with Delaney


And she's OUT


Cressey's bedtime piggyback/monster game




In a rare sisterly moment, the girls were upstairs playing in HG's room, and I was downstairs. I got a FACETIME call from them- so cute!!




So the moment has arrived. HG IS TALLER THAN BUBBA!




John took the girls for jumpy and popsicles while Mama got a pedi!




A good hair day and a morning that we were EARLY deserved to be documented


Cressey carries her handbag like only Bubba and the Queen can




Making Valentine's artwork for grandparents





Same dress HG wore in 2015










Blessing of the throats at chapel



Valentine's Day




"Wathing dithes" as I once told GG


HG somehow talked Cressey into brushing our hair


John sent me a huge bouquet of roses, and the box provided HOURS of entertainment for the girls. Right before this, HG was hiding it in and scared me to death when she jumped out. As she was laughing hysterically, the box fell over and she couldn't get out. Notice her hand waving out of the top. Cressey and I were then the ones to laugh hysterically, and of course, I took a pic before helping her out. 



Ready for our Valentine's date







First time on training wheels!!!










HG and Maddie made a big tent for a slumber party, and after they went to bed, I found Blue sitting there looking quite despondent.


Climbing date


We take a family walk around the neighborhood, and Cressey took her Disney spraying fan to water all the flowers we found along the way.



This is where Blue waits while the girls go to sleep.


Look at this adorable couple!!


Their music teacher had a little dance lesson for Valentine's. Cress was certainly leading him along the dancefloor!


Carpool selfies


Taken almost 7 years apart


Cress has started gymnastics after school


Class picture day






Notice Momo's eyes glowing behind Cressey in the cabinet! And Blue was right on the other side of the door. Nosy kitties!



SAA-SDS Gala








Just a normal Saturday morning around here


We had dinner with the Ducks one night, and Caroline was NOT HAPPY that her mama walked away. HG did her best to make her laugh, but even then she started to panic- ha!



John and CB traveled to Idaho to see their childhood bestie get married (and enjoyed a visit with Sara too)



A rainy day Sunday trip to Target


Where we realized that HG is now wearing 6.5 women's shoe!!! Thought we'd never get her out of there!


I told her she looked like a VSCO girl, and this is the look she gave me...


We went out for some Sunday self care, and Penguin had to come along.



This is the sweetest


When Sunday is too much and even the smallest thing will put you over the edge



Showing off her new 6.5 womens shoes!


One night, I had used up all my patience with Cressey at bedtime. I left her room, but HG met me outside her door and begged to go have a try. She took her school laptop, did her homework with one hand, and scratched Cressey's back with the other. That baby girl fell right to sleep!




Cressey likes to clean her dirty boots at the barn by walking through muddy puddles...


We finally switched Cressey's seat to a backed booster and let HG move to the front seat. To say they were excited was an understatement. I never realized how much I enjoyed having total control of the air and the music. Now I've gone some interruption/ competition!



She gets her love of Windex from her Spiffer


Why not watch movies under the kitchen table?


All is right with the world


First time roller skating!! She was inspired after seeing sissy on her rollerblades. It didn't last terribly far, but she did relatively well.




Years ago, I put a heart on HG's door every day of February until Valentine's with things we loved about her. I've gotten way off track with that tradition as of late, but HG asked me about it this year, so before Valentine's got here (maybe the night before?), I got to moving!



 Cressey was trying on her new Jasmine gown and seeing if the wand was magical (on Momo) too


Daddy daughter date night at SAA- they had dinner at McAlisters, shopped for books at Target, met at school to watch Soul Surfer, and then shared desserts in the cafeteria. They both had a really good time!


Of course, Cressey wanted in on the photo opp




So good to see some sunshine!


When I pull up at carpool, I often see a little blonde head jumping outside my passenger window!



This is hilarious. After a raucous trip upstairs, Cressey thought HG had been wronged by Daddy, and she was standing up for her sissy by fussing at her daddy!


Ring around the mommy


Cressey got really into caterpillars, cocoons, and butterflies. Here she is sliding along the floor like a 'callapitter,' and then she'd ask to be rolled up in a blanket as her 'raccoon,' and finally shake shake and come out a butterfly!


HG had to show a chemical change with paper, so she and her daddy filmed this video.


I had the hiccups, and Cress tried to help 'scare' them away.


No comments: