Monday, March 4, 2019

Toohig Tidbits: February

February 6th: I was putting HG to bed; John was watching Cress on the monitor to make sure she fell asleep. He heard, "Daddy, big problem. BIG." Lol! She found a hole in her blanket and was not happy about it.

February 7th: At bed time, I told Cressey, "I love you." She said 'I love you' back. I said, "I love you more." She responded, "Love you mosty!" I gasped and said, "How do you know that?!" She cackled and said, "I getting bigger, mama!"


When Spiffer and GD were putting Cressey to bed one night, GD was on monitor duty. He heard her say, "I don't LIKE it, Granddaddy!"

Every sentence of Cressey's ends with "and so...."

Probably to my detriment, I have avoided naming body parts for Cressey. I usually default to, "That's my body." One day when Cressey was running around in her diaper, she looked down and saw her chest and squealed, "Mommy, I have bodies!!!"

Umbrella = "Sunbrella"
Light bulbs = "Light bugs"
Shoo = "Shoot"
Fantastic = "Fantasket"

February 23rd: When she didn't want to go to sleep one night, she told me, "My heartbeat is soooo sad!"

When we were all walking across the street at school, Cressey leaned back over my shoulder and yelled at SK and HG, "Come on, peoples!"

Cressey was playing with a baby at Spiffer's and said she was sick. Spiffer asked if the baby needed medicine, and Cress said, "A spoonful of sugar!"

Sitting in the chair in the den together, Cressey told me, "You're my friend. You make me laugh."

Phrases that Cress has picked up from her sister: "I don't care. It's not my fault. It's not fair. Thanks a lot."

At bedtime after a looooong talk about life, as HG rolled over to finally go to sleep, she told me, "Mama, thank you for making me happy." (I will keep that one with me for a loooong time.)







October 2011: HG on that same cow....look at her wittle wegs!

 

Cress was determined to buckle HG into her stroller.


First 100% happy carousel ride



"Look ma, no tears!"


Helen Grace and Cressey, marry a man who will spend 30 minutes after a very long day at work helping his baby make a pink couch for her doll house.


Lunch date with Alexandra- these two were adorable together and chatted the whole time!







"I am snowman!"





After school treat with mama (while SK and HG had their own table on the other side of the patio)





It's 65 degrees in February; we pulled out short sleeves and sandals!

Teacher appreciation lunch at school (teachers ate a special lunch while moms manned the cafeteria)






I. Can't. Handle. It!


Dying for class to start







Even Elsa gets tired sometimes.


Grabbed a quick lunch with Mere Mere (and Aunt Sharon) when she was in town for wedding planning





Waiting for her party, she said...



"I go to the beach!"


Kindermusik with Delaney


Have you ever seen a kid so sad at CFA before?


This made her happy





"Sunbrella"


Team spirit day


First time she sat on the exam table at the dentist. She actually let them use the electric toothbrush on a tooth or two, after they showed her how it felt on her fingers by giving her 'a manicure.' Ha! She kept saying, "I so brave!"


Now this was a little more of a challenge, getting her to lay down for a quick check, but she did it with some persuasion.



No Cavity Club- it's a miracle!




Still dreaming of the beach


SAA-SDS Gala









First time to be an altar server- it was a surprise!




This is an old drawing that HG did years ago, but it hangs in our pantry and makes me smile every time I see it.



HG dressed her all by herself. "I so fancy!"





Presidents Day fun at Bass Pro



This is the boat picked out for daddy to buy her.








Milkshakes at the Arcade


Last time Cressey was here, she was in my tummy! March 2016







Elvis' booth








HG asked to go to the Memphis public library.




Pics from her teacher at Mullins





Look at this pic of Cressey at SAA's Distance Learning Center. They were chatting with a zoo!




Homework time


This is how we usually do homework. Cressey in my lap coloring or playing on her ipad; HG next to us doing math. That night it happened to be in the middle of the kitchen floor and went quite harmoniously. Needed to be documented.




This is her new pose at the table when she's done eating.






The perfect girl daddy


Do what you gotta do, girl! Don't let go of that cookie!


Do you notice a beach trend in our lives lately?





"Mama, I'm not dumb enough to think your phone is the same as this photo booth, but I'll give you one smile because I can't resist a camera."



We had to go to the airport one morning for passport stuff, so we stopped for breakfast at Gibson's.



"Music class" couldn't be more fun!


"It's my diamond Coke, mommy!" (Diet Coke)














You know you're too big for a highchair when your feet hit the bottom rung...but she insisted.


Tooth #13 gone at school!


The sisters have been fighting over headbands, so we stopped by Cotton Tails after school one day to buy some more. While we were there, HG disappeared and came back with a dress she loved for Cressey. C immediately started trying to strip right there to try it on, so I drug her to a dressing room. Meanwhile, HG wanted to walk over to the adjoining teen store to look for shoes. C loved the dress and then wouldn't take it off, so we went looking for sissy. We found her hard at work trying on shoes, so of course, Cressey wanted to do the same. The very sweet girls in the store kept the shoes coming. HG found two pair she loved, but Cress was grumpy and wouldn't agree to any of them. HG wanted to try on some clothes she'd found, so the amazing sales lady showed Cressey a soft, cozy "hiding spot" and brought her three boxes of shoes to keep her busy playing with. She was enthralled for at least 20 minutes, minus the one time that she struck out running across both stores in her bare feet. They caught her and sent her back over though! Cotton Tails/ Sachi is AMAZING!

I had a little happy tears moment as I sat on the floor watching my TWO GIRLS try on shoes. A dream I wasn't sure would ever happen.




A rare sunny day means park time after school.













HG made Cressey a "bwacewet" just for her, and C couldn't have been happier. Very sweet. HG even monogrammed it!

 






No comments: