Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Toohig Tidbits: January

Cressey constantly tells me, “I getting bigger!!” She does not want to be a baby. When I say that I’m sad that she’s getting bigger, she’ll say (with a pat on my back or a kiss on my cheek), “It’s ok. Don’t cry. I make you happy.” Or, “It’s ok. Calm down. Take a breath.”

On January 10th, we were eating dinner with Cressey literally bouncing around. After much nagging, C proudly announces, “I sit down!” HG was in the middle of telling me a story, and she pauses and sarcastically quips, “And history was made!”

On January 17th, when I picked Cress up from EDA, several boys said bye to her as we left the room. As we walked away, she said, “Awww, that was so nice!”

Tooth #11 came out on NYE! It had been really loose, and she finally pulled it (didn’t even bleed).

While John, HG, and I had fun at the Words for NYE, Cressey was living her best life at Spiffer and GD’s.


We all needed a little nap on New Year’s Day.




Is she helping me ‘undecorate’ or making more of a mess? Hmmm…

Cress wanted to hang out with sissy, but big sis wasn’t so thrilled with the encroachment on her personal space.


Meanwhile, Mama was having a girls' night!


HG and John’s new hobby/ QT activity

"Hey Sissy!!!!"

Cressey gave it a try too, but she wasn’t so wild about actually doing any climbing.




Afterward, we had a CFA family date. John and I loved getting to TALK while HG entertained Cress in the playground.

And HG wore her out very well!



  Families’ dinner at Pyro’s with the Browns and Egners (btw we’ve now created a monster by letting her crawl under these bar top tables).



A beautiful zoo day


We ran into the Berkos!


Bella is going to be a big sister in a week or two!





I like where your head is at, kiddo.


Holding hands with Harris walking into school


Tooth #12 (and first molar) came out at school during math class- hallelujah!




When daddy is out of town, we order pizza and eat dinner sitting on the counter.

I pulled out this baby swing to take to a friend, and Cressey had to take a ride in it.

A typical dinner with these two


HG has been asking to take a hip hop class, so she was taking a trial class at a studio one afternoon. Little did we know that a 3 & 4 year old tap/ ballet class was going to start in the room next door to HG’s class, directly in front of where Cressey and me were sitting. Cressey had several come aparts, begging to go into the class. She was pretty pitiful. See the next blog for how that worked out.

Dinner afterward cheered her up.


Hide and seek


Such a helpful workout buddy showing me her muscles

I didn’t realize what Cressey did with the exercise bands until I laid her down to change her diaper. We both died laughing!


Fun times with Poppy

And Cress cuddled up for a nap in my bed…momentous!


I was out for dinner one night and found this on HG’s floor outside her door when I got home.


Both of my girls play in my shoes any time they get close to my closet.

Well, make yourself comfortable, Blue!

“I do my homework!” (anything to be like sissy)


Lunch with Hays and Delaney (and Cress has a mouthful of nugget)

Still working on her homework

The fort building has moved upstairs.

Every time she traced a shape, she would throw her little hands in the air and squeal, “Yayyyy!”

The joy of a good book

Two happy girls with new books

Cressey walked right over to HG and wiggled herself into HG’s lap!


Playing at Bubba's




Couldn’t resist trying on her new dance leotard, although she refused to let me turn it around the right way…

Night out with buddies


If I leave my shoes or jewelry sitting around too long, it disappears.

Well, HG had her coloring on the wall with bath crayons mishap. Cress has had her coloring on the table with a Sharpie mishap.

Cressey’s first time to go to Urban Air (jumpoline) on MLK day


Cressey and I napped while John and HG climbed.





Getting ready for a dino themed book fair




HG was such a good sport this night. What started as Cress playing with her hair turned into a mock doctor’s appointment, and HG let her check her all out, even her nose!



Tooth #13! First bottom molar. I didn’t even know it was loose until that night, and after a short battle, she pulled it. 

First time I’ve seen Cressey draw that something that resembles a person. She was playing with the Casey girls while I was working on the book fair prep, and Emma handed me this as we left. Cressey won the “art show.”



Tickled with the dinosaur (Mr. Casey) at the ECC event at the book fair


This is as close as she got




We swung by the zoo after the book fair since it was a beautiful day.









One Saturday night while HG was at Jeanne’s, Cress found one of HG’s old dance costumes and the hat she wore in the ECC Easter parade. She was quite proud of herself. “How do I look?”


HG in April 2013 and Cressey in Jan 2019

She was determined to fit in that baby bed.




This old man is about to turn 13 in February.

Lunch date with Poppy!

I mentioned that we needed to go shopping for sandals for Cressey for spring break, and she latched on to the idea. She was adamant that we go shopping right then, so we stopped in at Cotton Tails and she plopped right up there on the bench to try some on. Amazing that this kid wouldn’t even wear shoes a year ago.


Spirit day at SAA and wearing one of sissy’s ‘vintage’ sweatshirts



She is now obsessed with the sandals, but I make her wear socks with them since it’s so cold (although it breaks my inner fashion conscious heart).

Fun with puppets


When I picked up Cressey from EDA one day, I found them on the playground. Love this look when she spotted me.





No comments: