Sunday, August 7, 2011

Checking on GG

Helen Grace and I took off on Friday afternoon and went to Jackson to check on GG and see Granddaddy and Spiffer. It’s been hard to not have them in town these days. GG is still hanging in there, although her body is continually wearing out. She did say my name when my mom told her I was there and responded, ‘I love you,’ but she’s not saying much else. We again enjoyed some time circled around her bed, telling stories, and Grace Ann and Helen Grace had tons of time to run around squealing, singing, and dancing.

Loved that I was able to capture this sweet moment. Our family has spent many years of meals and conversations around GG’s dining room table.CIMG9131 Where’s Helen Grace???CIMG9133Helen Grace, Grace Ann, and I went to play at the Jackson Children’s Musuem on Saturday morning.tractor CIMG9136

After that dance party, it’s no surprise that she fell asleep before we could get to GG’s with Chick-fil-A!asleep at ggs She was getting a little slap happy on the ride home. Me too, baby, me too! She insisted on going inside the gas station when we stopped, and we also had to pull over for a diaper change. Long drive home.blanket

No comments: