Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birthdays All Around

We’ve had some big milestones this week!

  • Helen Grace ate every food that John and I had for dinner on Wednesday- lasagna (the noodles anyway), green beans (she loves to hold them and nibble away on them), and a roll. She even ate some rice this weekend. Very cool!
  • Unfortunately, I believe I caught her eating a piece of cat food this week. Boo hoo. I knew it was going to happen, but I still felt sick and awful and guilty when I pulled the little brown bit out of her mouth. Protein, it’s protein, right?
  • Helen Grace roller skated for the first time- a girl after my own heart! See pics below.
  • We are celebrating John’s birthday this weekend. Oh, how our lives have changed in this last year. This time last year, we thought our life was wonderful already and were anticipating adding a baby girl to our family, but we had no clue how much our hearts would swell and how much more meaningful our life was about to become!

Excited about Kindermusik on Friday morning!CIMG4618 Lilly and Helen Grace were twinkies for Kindermusik (prearranged by their mamas, of course). Afterward, we had a great lunch with Lily, Callum, their mamas, and Callum’s daddy. All the babies behaved very well and allowed their parents to have quality conversations- how ‘bout that?!CIMG4621CIMG4623The same duo back in October 2009 in their matching outfits.CIMG3206  Spif, Granddaddy Google, and Bubba watched HG for me while I got my hair done on Friday afternoon.SAM_0172 Saturday morning, Helen Grace discovered the dishwasher…hours of entertainment!CIMG4626 After a bath, she finally gave in to a nap that had been a long time coming. Needless to say, we were a little late to my cousin Hayes’ 7th birthday party. CIMG4627SKATING PARTY! Happy 7th birthday, Hayes! She is getting so big and grown-up, and I loved that she chatted my ear off the whole time as we skated around and around and around. I consider that quite an honor. ;) SAM_0186 SAM_0179 Helen Grace even skated for a few yards with me….we would have gone farther but Spif was having a heart attack. Ha!SAM_0181 SAM_0194On Saturday night, we celebrated John’s birthday a day early with dinner at Old Venice with our parents and Aunt Gloria.CIMG4631 We sat outside on the patio and soaked up the BEAUTIFUL day!CIMG4634 Helen Grace loved helping Daddy open his gifts, especially this sweet one from Grandma with her picture in it. She can immediately point herself out in a picture. CIMG4642 CIMG4640 CIMG4645 CIMG4648CIMG4651

1 comment:

Mary said...

So cute! Sounds like y'all had a busy & fun weekend