Saturday, September 22, 2012

Toohig Tidbits

I had to give a presentation to the MBA class at Ole Miss the day after Labor Day, so I was lamenting to John on the holiday about needing to sit down and work on my slide deck. A few days later, Helen Grace was sitting at our kitchen table with my dad, and he bursts out laughing. She told him, “Mama’s worried about her work crap.” OMG! She is truly a sponge!! At least she chose to tell that story to Granddaddy and not Mrs. Maureen!

HG and I took a nap in my bed one day, and when she woke up and saw me, the first thing she did was scurry up to me and plant a big kiss right on my lips.

HG found John’s wedding ring sitting on the counter, took it to him, and put it on his finger. She said to him, “Now you’re married.” Then she said to me, “Now, you kiss Daddy.” And then, “Now we can have birthday cake!!!”

We overheard her telling Spiffer, “I call him Daddy (sounds like Dah-dee), and he calls me Baby Girl.”

When we are in the car and she’s falling asleep, she’s started telling me, “Mommy, I can’t hold my eyes open.”

She’s really enjoyed milking her boo boo from the jumpy. One day, she woke up from a nap with her first words being, “Who am I going to show my boo boo to?”

She starts a story with, “You’re never going to believe this.”

When I was trying to get her in the car seat, she kicked me. I asked her, “Is that how you treat your mama?” She pouted, “No.” I asked her, “Well, what do you say?” “I’m sorry…but I still love you.” Smart girl.

HG’s been asking us to “cover her in kisses.”

She was drinking a milkshake in the car and spilled some on her dress. She wailed, “My beautiful dress is RUINED!!”

She told Peggy, “We can’t see God because he’s camouflaged in heaven.”

She was resisting bedtime, and I suggested she roll over on her side to help her go to sleep. She was not happy about it, and as she rolled over, she huffed, “FINE!!!” Wow. I know exactly where/who she got that from (me), but I wasn’t expecting to get that tone quite so soon.

Often, after she says ‘please’ or ‘thank you’ and I compliment her, she’ll say, “I have good manners!”

During bedtime prayers, I asked her why we love God. She responded, “Because he sends an angel to save us…from pricking our finger.” Hmm. A little too much princess business??

I accidentally scratched her with my fingernail the other day (nothing serious AT ALL), and she looked at me like I had hit her. “Mommy, that’s not how we treat our friends!”

She’s started reenacting her hospital visit with her baby dolls. Granddaddy had to put her and her doll on a gurney, put on their seat belts, get them in the ambulance, and drive them to the emergency room. Poor baby.

Can’t say she’s not mine!genetics PRISS. POT.priss pot

A very sweet friend of ours gave Helen Grace a happy for being so sick, her very own swimming baby doll like Mariella’s. The girl went crazy with excitement!! Here she is telling me how to work it…

No comments: