Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September Birthdays

September in our family means BIRTHDAY CAKE! Spiffer, Granddaddy, and I all have birthdays within one week, not to mention an aunt and cousin in there as well.

We celebrated Spiffer’s birthday a day late, last Wednesday, with a girls’ day of antiquing and lunching in Midtown. We had a great time, and Helen Grace was an angel through all the shopping. At bedtime that night, I was telling her how proud I was of her for behaving and how much fun we had together. She said, “Now it’s my turn to tell you about our day. We had a fun lunch and I ate a lot. And then we went shopping. I didn’t touch the lamps and I didn’t touch the paintings and I didn’t touch the tables…(on and on).” I guess this is the beginning of the two of us remembering the same event very differently!

spiffers bday

We celebrated Granddaddy’s birthday last Friday with lunch at Big League. I couldn’t get her to cooperate for a pic with GD, but she sang him a very sweet rendition of Happy Birthday! This song clip starts with Happy Birthday and ends with her current version of the ABCs- hilarious!

We ended the week with a September birthday brunch at Owen Brennan’s with all the fam on Sunday morning. My aunt and uncle, Sharon and Rod, were in town, so they were able to come, as well as Mere Mere. We had a great time eating, drinking, and catching up.

This little girl is my best present ever.

More to come on my actual birthday celebration in another post…

No comments: