Sunday, May 8, 2011

“House” for Mommy

Helen Grace really knows how to treat a mama right on Mother’s Day!

This morning, she created a “house” with the kitchen table chairs and invited me to come inside and sit on the window sill. Then, she ran back and forth to the pantry bringing me “food” and “milk.” And to top it all off, she decided to bake me “coocoos” (cookies) in her oven, which was a Tupperware box. Too cute!

In her “house”…house 

We had a great, lazy Sunday morning, waiting on John to get home from his trip. We spent a good bit of time cuddling on the couch (I got lots of snuggles and kisses- think she knew it was a special day?), watching cartoons, and just piddling around the house. It was a gift in itself to not have to rush her into the bath and get our day started too soon. And the pinnacle of my day? Hearing a random, unsolicited, “Love you!,” from the best gift in the world, my sweet baby girl! AND later, HG came running to me with a Happy Mother’s Day card in her hand that SHE SIGNED HERSELF!! LOVE IT!!!

More from our official Mother’s Day celebration dinner in a later post…

No comments: