Sunday, May 22, 2011

Big Girl Bed

After much debate- I mean, discussion- we decided to give Helen Grace’s big girl bed a try last night. She has enjoyed taking naps in there (with no rolling off incidents), and we were finally able to get her bedding together and hang some pictures so that it looked a lot like her old room. When she saw her new big girl bed all put together Saturday afternoon, she started jumping up and down, saying, “Excited! Excited!” That sealed the deal. She was pumped about staying in there, so I figured this was our best shot. At bedtime, she and I got under the covers, read a few books, and then turned the lights off. She laid her head down and rolled away from me, and my heart sank a little bit that she didn’t need any Mommy cuddles…and THEN she turned to me with her arms out and said, “I hug you!” And she didn’t let go- ha! She fell asleep cuddling me. What a delight! I was able to uncurl her arms when she drifted off and successfully sneak out. I checked in on her before I went to bed, and she had wedged herself between her pillows with her head against the headboard, so she made her own guardrails. I woke up in a panic at 5 a.m. when I heard her cough, and in my delirium, I thought she had rolled off…but nope, it was just a cough. She woke up at 6, hollered for Mommy, and waited for me in her bed. She was so proud of herself! I am very thankful the transition was this easy. Let’s just pray that it continues to be so. :)CIMG8634 CIMG8635

No comments: