Friday, July 30, 2010

Share the Weight

As much as we all want to close our eyes, put our fingers in our ears, and sing ‘la la la’ as loud as we can, miscarriages happen every day to many people that we all know and love.

When I experienced a miscarriage before Helen Grace, I wanted more than anything to know that even though it lived in my body for just a few weeks, my baby had long lasting ‘weight’ in this world. As silly as it seemed at the time, I wanted to have something that I could have on me at all times to feel that weight and remember. I found a necklace with angel wings that gave me a lot of comfort, and I still wear it often. I have recently come across another one that was designed in memory of Aubrey Caroline (if any of you follow her mom’s Bring the Rain blog).

Unfortunately, several of my dear friends have lost babies recently. As I shared my story about my angel wings with one of them, I realized how wearing a piece of jewelry in memory might not be so silly after all. In an effort to help those out of you there that are going through the same thing, I wanted to share these necklaces with you. I hope that one of them will also surround you with warmth, love, and comfort and remind you that your baby had weight to all of those who love you and those of us that have been through the same experience.

image“At Dogeared we see grace as a tiny chain, a pair of angel wings to remind you that someone is watching over you, and a heart to keep you grateful for it.”

http://www.dogeared.com/grace-necklace-sterling-silver

image

“Some lives, though short, profoundly change the world and leave a mark on our hearts.  For moms who have lost a child, their hearts are forever marked by love.  this beautiful necklace was created in collaboration with angie smith {bring the rain} who lost her baby girl, audrey caroline.”

http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/inspired-designs/marked-by-love-necklace.html

1 comment:

the harrison family said...

brought back some tears...so sweet.