Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scaredy Cat

A little happy for you on a nasty, rainy day…this is HG’s newest trick. She gets up on her knees and bounces like a mad woman when she gets tickled (and hyper). She is in a daze at the beginning of the video, listening to Ms. Karen at Kindermusik sing the goodbye song to her (she loves to hear her own name!), but then she gets excited and starts performing.

Helen Grace experienced her first tornado warning of the season last night. She was quite the pro last year with two real tornadoes near us, but since she’s so much more alert now, I was scared how she would react to the storms. I got her to bed a little after 8:00, and then I heard the sirens go off in town just before 10:00. I am a huge storm scaredy cat (which I believe to be warranted after driving through the Hickory Hill tornado years ago although John makes terrible fun of me), and I am even more so now that HG is here. So of course, I go flying up the stairs to John’s office screaming about the sirens and asking what to do. John looks at me like I’m crazy, so I run into HG’s room, scoop the poor girl up out of bed, fly downstairs, grab pillows off our bed, and land in the floor of the hall bathroom. The sirens went off for 20 minutes or so with terrible thunder and lightning, and Helen Grace snored in my arms the whole time, praise the Lord. Seriously. It was an answer to prayers that she slept through all of it. I was able to put her right back in bed, and she slept the whole rest of the night.

Now, the storm this morning was a little different because she was wide awake and playing in the den. She was really clingy through all of it and crawled up in my lap to watch out the window with wide eyes. The bad weather was short-lived though luckily and soon blew on through. Let’s hope that we have seen the worst of the storms and that the rest of day is quiet and sunny!

No comments: