Sunday, March 28, 2010

We Have a “Da Da”!

Today has been a busy day for Helen Grace. She finally said her first word- Da Da! John still does not admit that she did- I think he is trying to be sweet to me- but she has said it twice now and in the proper context, so I say that counts!

We were sitting at the kitchen table this morning eating breakfast, and Helen Grace looked over at John and said “Da Da.” Then, tonight we were all sitting on the couch, and she was climbing toward him and said it again! It’s so neat and exciting that she is finally starting to communicate in ways that we can understand!

I think this is way premature, but I do feel like we are making progress with Ma Ma too. When I was fixing breakfast, Helen Grace was sitting in her high chair. I had my back to her, and I heard a “Ma”…and then a few seconds later, another “Ma.” So funny! The context was right for her to call out to me, but I’m not sure we’ve got the word down yet. My parents laughed that we sound like the redneck family with her calling me Ma! I promise we will continue to practice Ma Ma!

Also, we had another first today- Helen Grace BIT me! I’m talking a serious bite, the little booger! I was sitting in the chair in her room, and she was crawling between the chair and the ottoman. She stopped to pull up on my leg and do that glomming thing she normally does, but this time she bit me- even broke the skin! When I screamed in pain, she looked at me and started crying. What, I’m the one with a hole in my leg?!?! I hope the fact that I startled her so much will keep her from doing it to anyone else. Maybe she’s just not used to having sharp teeth in her mouth. Regardless, we are going to quickly be kicked out of our social activities if this continues- we’ve got to fix it! :)

Finally, we have a sick little girl. She has a terrible runny nose and couch. I think she might have inherited her daddy’s allergies. I’m scared that another doctor’s appointment is in our near future. Fingers crossed that it will resolve itself in the next day or so.

1 comment:

Cassie & Joey said...

I think will is going to have a bad case of allergies too! I am seriously considering making an appointment with an allergist after his first birthday :(