Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sweet Angel Mocha

Our sweet precious fur baby Mocha went to heaven on July 18, 2022, after a brief "illness." As soon as John left town for a work trip, Mo seemed to have a stroke of some kind, and he walked wobbly and lost himself slowly but surely over the next two days. I jokingly told him before we left for Ireland to not die while we were gone, so I guess I ought to be appreciative for his kind timing. (Although while we were in Ireland, he came down with a severe head tilt. Felt fine but just had a strong head lean.)

On his last night, I woke up throughout the night to check on him, but he was gone when Helen Grace went to check on him that morning. He was my constant shadow, and I haven't eaten a meal, worked out, sat down, or slept without him for the last 16 years. He loved us unconditionally, and he welcomed these crazy loud children who have joined our family. We were so blessed to have had him for sweet 16 years. There will never be a better kitty. We love you immensely, Momo!

July 13th


July 15th



July 17th- HG and I gave him a bath that night which he purred the whole way through. 






Some favorite Momo memories








After we lost him, I was pretty grief-stricken, so the girls did some art work for me and brought me lunch in bed. Both Blue and Sunny seemed to know how lonely we felt and slept with us the first few nights.








No comments: