Friday, February 26, 2010

Payback Play Date

On Wednesday, Helen Grace and I had a great morning at FTM…well, maybe I should say that I had a fun time with the other mamas and babies. HG was a fusspot for a good bit of the time. She seems to be fighting sleep lately, and I think she was just worn out. I should have known it was a sign of things to come. Anywho, afterward we came home to start my first EVER crock pot creation (the pot roast turned out dee-lish, by the way), and later in the afternoon, Emily and Ann Maxwell Coats came over for a play date. Ann Maxwell is almost 11 months old, and it was amazing to see what kind of exciting things are to come for us in the next few months- she can say a ton of words, is toddling around all over the place, and even has manners! She also likes to point out facial features, and she was completely sweet and harmless in doing so…but Helen Grace only had a short nap in the car, and you would have thought that each little finger that came anywhere close to her face was like a dagger into her eye. She threw several all-out FITS (arched her back and threw her head backward, cried crocodile tears, let out ear-piercing squeals), and I’m scared that Emily and Ann Maxwell might not come back since our cry baby put on such a dramatic show. I kept telling Emily that HG can give it out but can’t take it and that this is the only way she is going to learn not to be such a bully! We’ll have to try again soon because I really enjoyed some fun ‘mama time,’ and I hope that they will give us a second chance- and I promise to bring a well-rested child this time. :)

Spif, HG’s sailor outfit finally fits her!CIMG4218 - CopyCIMG4219This series of pics really chronicles our play date. As her usual bully self, Helen Grace takes Ann Maxwell’s thingie of puffs. CIMG4222 Ann Maxwell rightfully makes a move to retrieve her snacks.CIMG4223 Helen Grace tries to fight AM off, but when she realizes that Ann Maxwell isn’t scared by her antics, HG then starts to get a little whine going.CIMG4224 And when Ann Maxwell doesn’t back down, Helen Grace starts crying and thrashing around. I only wish that I had kept taking pics so that you could have seen the fit. Oh, it’s hard to be a spoiled baby girl!CIMG4225

1 comment:

Emily said...

oh the comments i could make for this post...