Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nowadays

Helen Grace is making up a lot of songs and loves to sing at the top of her lungs. She’s also incessantly talking about anything and everything- lots of pretending.

She’s getting into emotions and will ask you if you’re happy or mad and likes making different emotion faces.

She’s been watching Monsters, Inc. lately. The other day, a fly was bothering her, so she decided that she’d just scream like crazy at it to make it leave her alone. I think we are going to have to tone down the monster screaming business!

She has told us quite a few times lately, “Be patient.” “That’s enough,” actually came out last night. I guess we know what we say a lot, right?! If she’s kidding about something, she’ll say, “I just teasing you!”

I hear an exaggerated “Mooooooom” (drawn out into two or three syllables) several times a day now. It usually goes along with an “I wanna do it MYSELF.” She has been throwing out ‘Mom’ a lot lately, and whenever she says it, I always act like I’m crying because I want her to call me Mama or Mommy instead. Mom just sounds so preteen! Now, she will call out to me, “Mom!,” with a sparkle in her eye and a little smirk as she waits for my response!

She has always been a BIG mama’s girl, but lately, she’s started gravitating toward Daddy more often. She will sometimes let him get her out of the car or give her a bath, and occasionally even drive my car if she’s feeling really nice, so she’s giving me a little bit of a break! Although when she sits down with her sippy for milk in the morning or at bedtime, the only place she wants to sit is on Mommy’s lap on the couch. Awww!

No comments: