Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to Daddy!

daddys bday cardWe celebrated John’s birthday on Wednesday. Helen Grace and I met the birthday boy for lunch at Panera, and then we all got together for the requisite birthday cake and ice cream at Jeanne’s house that night. Even though he fights most attempts to celebrate his birthday, I think he actually enjoyed his somewhat low key day.

daddys bdaydaddys bday with jtMy best attempt at a three generations picCIMG0957

Helen Grace was so excited about her daddy’s birthday and practiced singing Happy Birthday for days before the actual day. She has also become obsessed with singing her ABCs, so I’ve been trying to catch her doing both of these tricks. She will scream at me if I turn my phone’s video camera toward her general direction, but she thinks the voice recorder is cool. We asked her Wednesday night to sing her ABCs into the voice recorder, and midstream, she decided she really wanted to sing Happy Birthday. After the song, in true toddler fashion, she wanted to finish her ABCs. I can’t stop listening to this. So funny!

Happy birthday, John! We love you to the moon and back!

No comments: