Wednesday, April 18, 2012

D-I-V-A

I thought that I was just running out of patience with Helen Grace the last few days, but after a weekend at home with her, John has confirmed it. We have the beginning of a little diva on our hands. Seriously, in the last week, the whining and tempter tantrums have reached a whole new level, and her ears have quit working all together. I have usually been able to calm her down and talk her into things somewhat easily, but now, we’re playing on a whole new level of reason, or lack thereof, I should say.

We are having a lot of  conversations about ‘watching your tone’ and ‘changing your attitude.’ Lord, I’m having flashbacks left and right- my poor mama!

Just a few examples…

She scraped her leg on our table, and as she later checked out her boo boo, she said, “All these boo boos make me crazy!”

I was calling her to come into the den. She was dilly dallying in the kitchen and didn’t want to come right then. She interrupted me with, “Quit calling me, Mama!”

She was sitting in my lap on the couch, and Mocha was laying next to us. He started kneading bread, and although he didn’t touch her, he was pawing in her general direction. She got infuriated and jumped up, screaming, “NO, Mocha! I don’t WANT to.” She literally put her hands on her hips and stomped into the other room.

No comments: