Saturday, December 10, 2011

Snow Ball Fight

Just as we were recovering from the shock of snow in November, we woke up to ANOTHER blanket of snow Wednesday morning. I was so grateful that it chose to come on my day off this time! Olive Branch got a lot of really beautiful snow, and we made it until almost 7 a.m. before Helen Grace demanded that we go outside to play. I know that our Northern friends reading this are chuckling at our definition of/excitement about snowfall and also HG’s thrown together snow ensemble. Since Grandma is a Jersey/Canada/Long Island girl, she has already thought enough ahead to have boots, snow jackets, hats, and gloves ready, this Mississippi girl is a little behind. Luckily, her snow jacket and boots from last season still fit. We need to find some really warm gloves and hat though, especially if it turns out to be a cold winter as predicted. We played until we couldn’t feel our fingers and then headed inside for some breakfast. What a fun morning!

First stepIMG_0956 She’s having a blast.IMG_0962She came trudging over to me, and as she got closer, I noticed she was whining about something that I couldn’t understand. I looked down and saw that her boot had come off in the snow! I plucked her up and put her on dry land while I retrieved the lost boot.IMG_0968Whoopsy-daisy!IMG_0967IMG_0971 Catching snowflakes on her tongueIMG_0979Perfecting her snowball techniqueIMG_0982  Still trying to catch the snowflakes….realizing how frozen we were.IMG_0989IMG_0984 Warming up inside and watching the snow fall with the kittiesIMG_1000 She was trying to make him ‘cheese’ for me- forgive the breakfast on her face.IMG_1004 Granddaddy came over to play with us that afternoon, and a snowball fight ensued!IMG_1007 IMG_1008 IMG_1011 IMG_1015

No comments: