Friday, December 30, 2011

Mommy Days

Helen Grace distinguishes week days as either Grandma days (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) or Mommy days (Wednesday and Friday). Because I’ve been off of work this week, most all days have been Mommy days (with the exception of a few grandparent times here and there), Wednesday was still technically a Mommy day. After a romp through my jewelry box, we headed to the Booksellers at Laurelwood to meet Ms. Hope and Baby Emily for lunch and then stopped by Grandma’s office on the way home. It was great to put on make up and real clothes and get OUT of the house!

mamas jewelry mirrordavis kidddavis kidd- astronaut davis kidd- traindavis kidd- emily1 She thought it was super cool that Ms. Hope let her feed Baby Emily some bread.davis kidd- emily2gma's office gma's office1

On Thursday, we met Spiffer and Bubba for lunch at BYB. As usual these days, Helen Grace conked out on the way there, and while she slept in my arms for the first few minutes, she soon warmed up and wanted to sit with Bubba and Spiffer- and she gave out some super sweet cuddles and kisses! HG and I spent the afternoon in her play room, playing with all her new toys, and I watched in amazement as she started laying out and covering up all of her baby dolls…just like my mom tells me that I did as a little girl. It was an eerie (but cool) glance back in time!

BYB1 BYB2 BYB3 BYB4baby dolls

No comments: