Wednesday, March 9, 2011

“Choc!”

Apparently, Helen Grace has a new word…chocolate! She was going through our fruit bowl on the kitchen counter this afternoon and found a Dove chocolate at the bottom of it. I have given her a little bit of chocolate here and there, but she doesn’t get a ton of it. She started screaming, “Choc! Choc!,” until I opened it and gave her a bite. (I had no idea she knew that word…something tells me that she learned this new one at Grandma’s by the way Grandma chuckled when we relayed the story.) Well, that opened Pandora’s box- she had to have more! Of course, that was the only Dove we had, but I was able to find some M&Ms for her. I am in stitches to hear her say, “M&M”- too cute the way the sound just rolls around in her mouth as she tries to say the words! I captured it on the video below. (At the end, she’s saying, “I see!” because she insists on watching videos of herself back on my iPhone.)  We have since had a little talk about how chocolate is a special treat and a reward for when she does something sweet. I think we might have found the answer to bribing- I mean, rewarding- her when we start potty training!

No comments: