Sunday, February 6, 2011

“Super” Weekend

At lunch on Saturday, as I prompted her to eat her turkey sandwich, I asked her what a turkey says. After a brief tutorial on what a turkey says, she tucked her hands under her arms, waved her elbows, and shouted, “Gobble, gobble!” John and I erupted in laughter. I knew having a baby was going to be an amazing experience, but I just had no idea what joy and laughter it would bring! Afterward, we ran to the grocery store, and she had to “drive” us around, “beep”-ing the whole way.CIMG7519

Saturday night, Helen Grace wanted me to make a pallet with her on the floor. She grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it on the rug, and then dragged her blanket and crib sheet (that I had just gotten out of the dryer) onto the floor. She made me lay down and covered me with her sheet (and then sit up, and then lay down, and scoot over, and come back), while she laid down with the pillow and her blanket. She also laid her Lovie down with its head on the pillow, and then she leaned over and gave it a kiss. John leaned over the balcony above us and captured this picture.CIMG7521Today, we met CB and Emily for brunch at Big League’s. While Helen Grace spent the first half of the meal snuggled into my chest, after some yummy chicken tenders and french fries, she got more friendly and started hamming it up with CB and Emily.CIMG7523 CIMG7525 CIMG7526 CIMG7527 CIMG7530While we were getting things ready for our Super Bowl get-together, Helen Grace grew tired of helping me and was hit with a creative moment. She made herself comfortable on the kitchen counter and got into her drawing.counter counter2 She then spotted the paper plates and decided we needed to have a tea party- that is, Oatmeal, Lovie, Mo Mo, me, and her- right there on the kitchen floor. She gave us each our own plate and seat assignment and carried on a very animated conversation (that only she could understand for the most part). I have always looked forward to and dreamed about the day of tea parties with my daughter, and this was truly a dream come true. tea party tea party2

Grandma, Peggy, Granddaddy, and Spiffer came over to watch the Super Bowl. All the women were sitting around the kitchen table (as always), and she drug her little rocking chair from the den into the kitchen to be with the girls. So cute! CIMG7531CIMG7532CIMG7533One really sweet thing I want to remember…she has started reaching up for me, grabbing my face with both hands, and pulling me in for a kiss. Priceless sweetness!

No comments: