Sunday, February 27, 2011

Miss ‘Tude

I believe the terrible two’s have arrived…or maybe even the teenage years.

Friday afternoon, Helen Grace was throwing an awful fit at random (I still don’t really know why she was so upset), and she went running like a wild woman into my bathroom, squealing at the top of her lungs and tears flying off her face. I was ignoring the fit and continuing to unload groceries, but soon, I heard a door shut…I went into the bathroom to check on her and found that she had closed herself in my closet. Thankfully, when I opened the door, she came running out with hugs and kisses. Maybe she just needed some alone time to pull herself together. :)

Saturday afternoon at Camille’s birthday party (later post to come), HG and I were sitting at the kitchen table with Doty and Caroline. I asked HG something, and she kind of wagged her finger at me, as if to say, ‘No.’ I was so shocked and had to ask Doty if I imagined it. I convinced myself that she was just pointing to something…until I saw it AGAIN today! Mocha was trying to play with one of her toys, and she ran over to him, shook that teacher’s finger, and said, “No, no, Mo Mo!!” I later got it on video. In a way, she comes by it naturally with all the teachers in our family, so it’s hard not to laugh at Little Miss Priss!

Another funny thing that I want to remember…when Helen Grace wakes up in the morning and I’m on my way up to her room, I usually holler “Mama’s coming!” so she knows I’m coming (and will stop yelling for me. She will respond with an “Okaaaaay!” and sit there quietly (for at least 30 secs).

No comments: