Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Almost Wordless Wednesday

This afternoon, when Helen Grace woke up from her nap, I picked her up and headed to the stairs. She started crying, so I put her down, thinking she wanted to walk herself down the stairs. Instead, she turned around and went back to her room. She saw the edge of a lovie under the pillow in her chair and ran over to it…and then realized it was the *new* lovie. She had such a confused look on her face and looked at me like, ‘What did you do with my lovie?’ I couldn’t convince her that I knew the real one was downstairs in the laundry room, so I had to pick her up and take her to Lovie…and then she grabbed it and clutched it to her and glowed!

One last thing on this ‘wordless’ post, we are attempting to go cold turkey with the sippy cup. She is ok with sippy cups at mealtimes, but she is still adamant about having a bottle in the morning and at bedtime and will throw huge hissy fits until she gets one. I got brave and called the doctor this morning to see if it would be ok if I just refused to give her a bottle until she finally accepted the silly cup 24/7, and the nurse laughed and said she would be fine with little to no milk for 2 days or so. Soooo, this afternoon, I kept pushing her sippy cup on her, and she took it at dinnertime and also at bedtime with no problems. I’m not counting my eggs before they hatch, but I’m hopeful!

CIMG5767 CIMG5768 CIMG5769 Pick me UP, Mama!CIMG5770 CIMG5772 Like father, like daughterCIMG5773 CIMG5774 This girl can’t get over her squeaker shoes. Now she has started tapping, doing “happy feet,” with excitement!

No comments: