Sunday, May 30, 2010

Icing on the Cake…or Face

We celebrated Helen Grace’s first birthday with a cupcake-themed family party at our house on Saturday. We dodged a bullet with a forecast of isolated thunderstorms that afternoon- the day turned out to be nice and sunny. It was a tad on the warm side, but we kept plenty of fans and A/C running and stayed pretty cool.

It was such a surreal and beautiful moment for John and me to hold a birthday cake in front of Helen Grace, sing Happy Birthday to her, blow out her candles, and then watch her try out her cake. I tried to take in every moment, every smile, every finger stroke as she tasted the icing…and then smeared it ALL OVER herself! What a wonderful life experience to share with our family and friends! We definitely know our baby is loved!

Another new development to share in a later post but very important to note the timing…our baby girl took a full step on her own on Friday, and as of Saturday, she is WALKING! WOW!

CIMG5154CIMG5174CIMG5182 All ready for my party to start!CIMG5178CIMG5191CIMG5193HG, Sha, Whitney, Haney, Rebecca, Leighton, Adickes, Emilyben- dg grp2 ben- hg with ben   Oh my goodness, my baby is about to experience her first birthday cake…I can’t explain the fireworks of emotions! hanley family with cakehanley- blowing out candles Diving inhanley- cake1 “Hmmm…”hanley- cake2 “Ooooh, I LIKE it!”hanley- cake3Daddy put this crown on her head, and but she just couldn’t stand it…so she had to take it off with her frosting-covered hand…hanley- cake5 hanley- cake6 “I love this cake so much that I just want to KISS it!”hanley- cake7 hanley- cake8 hanley- cake9 hanley- cake10 hanley- cake11 hanley- cake12 Headed straight to the bathtub!hanley- cake13All clean again hanley- HG laughing2hanley- all cleanAll of GG’s great-grandchildren:  Worth, Helen Grace, Grace Ann, Hastings, Hayeshanley- all cousinsRequisite bloomers shothanley- spif and bloomersGiving Geggy some loveCIMG5238 LOVES her new Cozy Coupe from BubbaCIMG5244 CIMG5246 Trying out the moonbounce with DaddyCIMG5252 Cousin William doesn’t quite know what to do with babies- lol! I wish you could see the grip she has on his lip with her right hand!CIMG5265 My first cousins on my mom’s side:  Hanley, Cam, SuzanneCIMG5290A fun end to a fabulous day!CIMG5294

No comments: