Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ho Ho Ho!

Today John and I took Helen Grace to meet Santa for the first time. After doing a ton of research on Santas in the area, we went to see Santa at the Avenue at Carriage Crossing (partly because of my research findings and partly because it was the closest to our house on a cold, nasty day). It ended up working out perfectly because we grabbed a parking spot right in front of Santa’s store, and I held our place in line while John kept HG entertained in the car until it was our turn. Santa was wonderfully warm and friendly, and Helen Grace really did well, although she did give him the once over. I was waiting on her to pull his beard (which was real by the way)! As long as we bought some pics, we were allowed to take some pics with our own camera. Here are some adorable shots that John captured.

Next in line: “Ok, all the big kids are doing it; this looks kinda fun.”IMG_9706”Alright, this isn’t so bad. The funny-looking old guy is pretty nice. Why are all these people yelling at me to look over there though?”IMG_9711IMG_9714”Hmmm, what’s all that stuff on your face? I’ve never seen anything like that before.”IMG_9715”Ok, I’m done. Mama, come get me. Now.”IMG_9720 

We’ve had a nice, slow weekend, complete with yucky, cold weather- a great excuse to stay inside and cuddled up. Helen Grace has been waking up really early lately, so we were pleased when she slept til 7:00 on Saturday morning. When she didn’t go back to sleep after a bottle, John got up and entertained her until 9:30. Oh, sweet sleep! Then, she and I cuddled up in bed together while she took a nap. I often find myself thinking how big and long she has gotten, but it dawned on me when she was cuddled up against my chest, that she is still so tiny. I can ring my fingers around her arm, and if my arms were stretchy enough, I could probably wrap my arms around her twice. Her hair is really coming in (and is much darker than when she was born), and the peach fuzz felt so soft against my face. I stroked her soft baby face and traced her eyebrows and lips. I could have laid there with her for years. I know that she will only let me hold her like that for a few more year(s), so I am soaking up every opportunity I can get my hands on!

No comments: