Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Showered with Love

We had our first shower for Helen Grace this weekend in Oxford at Whitney's parents' house, thrown by my college buddies, and I'm still overwhelmed by all the sweetness! They thought of so many wonderful, personal little touches that were everywhere you turned- baby pics of John and me, napkins with Helen Grace's initials, notes for Helen Grace from guests, etc. and I loved getting some great (and much needed) quality time in with friends and family. The shower also made all of this feel extremely real all of a sudden- as if her jabs to my ribs don't remind me every few minutes. ;) On Sunday morning, John walked through the den, saw the umbrella stroller sitting there, and said, "Man, that stroller really makes all of this feel real!" No kidding, how exciting! We can't wait to see how our lives will change in seven short weeks!
I am doing alright with my new diet, although she'll probably be here before I completely get the hang of it. I am going back to my doctor on Thursday, so I'm anxious to get her opinion on how I'm doing and learn more about how Helen Grace is growing. I think I might start my weekly visits after this appointment?? This is all happening so quickly!!

32.5 Weeks
The beautiful and creative centerpiece at our Oxford shower
My Jackson family from my mom's side...ya think we look alike?
My Bubba and Aunt Di from my dad's side
The wonderful hostessess with the mostess, Emily, Whitney, Rebecca, and Julie
All the girls!
Moma really loves this pic...Emily painted the canvas hanging in the background too!
Can you believe this? Julie, Doty, and I are all due within three weeks of each other!

No comments: