Seems more confident these days. She’s comfortable in her own skin, doesn’t have to be a conformist, marches to her own drum a bit, and can drift well between groups.
Is an amazing big sister and very helpful; automatically plugs paci, reflexively does babysitter stuff, wants to be the one to wake her up, says bye to her when she gets out of the car at school, etc.
Has taken off with reading; takes books to restaurants and in the car and is proud to say she is a bookworm like her mama. Has finally started to take AR tests on her own.
Still snuggly/ clingy with mama and *always* wants to sleep in mama’s bed. Will often stop what she’s doing and demand a hug.
Has a hilarious sense of humor and has developed a great sarcasm. Vocabulary has advanced, and she’ll surprise me every now and then with what phrases and words come out of her mouth.
Addicted to Minecraft and Kids YouTube videos to learn how to do Minecraft and watch people play with baby dolls.
Loves knowing song lyrics and singers’ names.
Has started talking about who in her class likes which boy and why she thinks certain boys are cool. I can hear my coaching creep out in her when she notes that she does NOT have a crush on so-and-so but just admires that he is smart, kind, and funny. “I do NOT think he’s cute!” Although she and her friends do ask to wear their hair certain ways for the days that they have a class with the boys. Oh my!
Second grade has been the year that reading took off. She loves to read now and will pick up a book on her own, often reading in the car, at a restaurant, or on the couch.
She's also created some great habits in the world of chores. When she finishes eating, she'll take her plate to the sink and/or trash, she'll push in her chair, she puts her clothes in the hamper (about 75% of the time), and she's started feeding the kitties (in an effort to make her case for another pet- a turtle). Since school has been out, she's started making scrambled eggs for Cressey and will then sit next to her and feed her the entire thing. Amazing.
Still a mama’s girl but is spending a lot more time with daddy these days- riding bikes, swimming, going on walks, etc.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor (2016: a doctor and a vet)
- Favorite subject? Math (2016: science and math and recess)
- BFF? Annabella, Maddie, Sara (2016: Annabella)
- Favorite vacation? Yellowstone and D.C. (2016: Boston)
- Where do you want to live when you grow up? North Carolina (“it's a pretty state”) or Wyoming (after she heard about hurricanes in NC) (2016: NYC)
- Where do you want to go to college? Ole Miss (hotty toddy!) and be a DG! (same in 2016)
- How many kids do you want to have? 3 boys, 2 girls, adopt boys and have girls
- Favorite color? Pink and purple
- Favorite food? Ice cream (2016: corn and spaghetti with meatballs)
- Favorite princess? Sleeping Beauty (random; she’s not into princesses much anymore)
- Favorite toy? Lovey Blankey Henry (2016: Lovey)
- Favorite city? NYC (2016: Ireland)
- Favorite animal? Cheetah (same as last year)
- Favorite movie? Trolls
- Favorite tv show? Lab Rats