Saturday, August 13, 2016


Somewhere in the middle of rush hour traffic on my 50-minute one-way commute from school to home this past year, something snapped. This driving thing was too tough for all of us and cutting into our family time, rest time, homework time, etc. (especially now with a baby!). We made the very difficult decision to move into Memphis and closer to work and school so that we could have more dinners together as a family and fight-free homework time, as well as more play time for Helen Grace with her classmates.

We moved the first weekend of July, and within the first week of being in Memphis, HG had no less than five play dates. Happy girl, happy parents! We’ve had a few construction projects to do, and thankfully, the littlest baby girl seems to be pretty laidback and has gracefully rolled with the noises of jackhammers, hammers, and a constant flow of people (although she HATED a nail gun).

While we are now officially Tennesseans, we have made sure Helen Grace (and one day, Cressey) knows that we will always be Mississippians at heart!

Leaving the old house and the car is packed to the gills2016-07-01 09.41.47 HDR-2

About to get into our new house!

2016-07-01 10.21.45

2016-07-01 10.21.51

Enjoying some lunch while we wait for the furniture to arrive with the movers

2016-07-01 13.04.59

2016-07-01 13.05.09

2016-07-01 13.16.21-1

The Harris girls surprised us with a visit (and beat the movers too)!

2016-07-01 14.40.56

2016-07-01 15.39.06


Like her sister, Cressey is a great supervisor. She sat here for the longest time, flirting with the movers as they passed.

2016-07-01 16.18.42

Helen Grace had a great time showing the movers where to put everything. She waited all day for this pic, but she finally got the courage to run up the ramp to check out the big truck.

2016-07-01 18.49.20-1

First night in their beds in the new house. HG was a little nervous about the new room but was comforted by the new video monitor we set up in her room and the nursery. She liked knowing she could talk to us through it, and she slept all night.

2016-07-01 22.02.23

Cressey had been sleeping in the bassinet in the old house, but we moved her to her crib the first night at the new house. At that point, she was sleeping from 9 p.m. until 3-4 a.m., and she did beautifully that night too. What a relief!

2016-07-01 22.03.37

Still snoozing when Mama woke up in the morning!

2016-07-02 06.41.57

2016-07-02 06.42.13

No comments: