Thursday, November 21, 2013

Baby Darby is Here!!!!

Last Tuesday, we met Mary Chris for ice cream at Yolo after school, knowing it’d be the last time that we’d see Baby Darby in utero. Helen Grace got to feel her in her mommy’s tummy and thought that was the coolest thing.

2013-11-12 15.42.55 2013-11-12 15.59.33-1

Darby Dabbs Moore made her official debut in Jackson (at the hospital where her granddaddy is an OBGYN) on Friday, November 15th around 11 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs, was 20 inches long, and is beautiful!!

William was there at the hospital soon after her birth (after he jumped in the car and sped from New Orleans) and Facetimed me twice so that I could be a part of the action. I couldn’t stop crying as the pics and videos poured in. It was an amazing experience, being on this side of parenthood and knowing what endless blessings are coming their way- and to see my crazy, baby cousin become a daddy. Ah, I still get teary eyed thinking about this beautiful new blessing to our family.

2013-11-15 14.35.22

I picked up Helen Grace from school, and when I told her that Darby had been born, she literally stopped in the yard and did a happy dance!  As we got in the car, William called on Facetime again, and HG got to see her sweet face.

2013-11-15 14.56.28 2013-11-15 20.20.40 2013-11-16 12.32.51

Monday after work, I stopped by to meet Darby. Helen Grace was with Grandma that afternoon, so shhhhh, don’t tell her I went without her! I loved my snuggle time though- she barely made a peep.

2013-11-18 15.50.06-1

And then Wednesday afternoon, Bubba, Spiffer, HG, and I went back over to let Spiffer and HG meet Darby. We had quite the hen party, all fawning over her. Helen Grace loved to look at the baby but wouldn’t get close to her, and she threw a hissy fit when I was holding Darby and made HG use hand sanitizer after sneezing and before hugging me. If the Lord ever blesses us with another baby, I fear we will be in trouble having to share time with our little princess!

IMG_5000IMG_5004 (I promise she was a lot happier than she looks in this pic- this was after the meltdown.)IMG_5007 IMG_5010

Darby, welcome to our wild family! You are such a blessing to us, and we love you to the moon and back!

No comments: