Friday, September 23, 2011

‘School Is Fun!’

‘School’ on Wednesday was such an answer to prayers. She was excited that morning as we got ready, and as we pulled into the parking lot, she asked for a sticker. I asked her what sticker she was talking about, and she said, “The one on my back!” She was looking forward to the nursery sticker that goes on her back with her name and info- ha! She was a little shy when I was signing her in to her classroom, but I stepped inside and she soon saw Callum playing with a truck. That’s all it took- she hopped down and never looked back. Her teacher said she was perfect the entire time- never cried and never kicked anyone. :) WHEW! I tried to take a pic afterward to mark the momentous day, but this action shot was the best I got. For the rest of the day, she talked about how ‘FUN!’ school was. So cute.CIMG9395

We met my friend Cassie today to attempt Helen Grace’s two year old pics, and this time she was much more willing to participate! Helen Grace was quite the poser (most of the time), and we had a lot of fun. At one point, Cassie asked her, “Who’s your best friend?” My sweet baby girl responded, “Mommy!” Melted my heart! Here are some sneak peek pics- more to come in the next few weeks.cassie 092311-1 cassie 092311-2I bribed her through an outfit change and the last 30 minutes with a reward of ice cream, so after our photo shoot, we met Daddy at Jason’s Deli for lunch and a sweet treat. We dropped by my office too to say hi to my coworkers.CIMG9399 CIMG9400

Here are some of Helen Grace’s funnies from the week…

In Peggy’s room, she has a wall of pictures of her animals of past and present, and at the end of the row is a crucifix. Helen Grace asked her the other day who each animal was, and when she got to the crucifix, she asked, “Who’s that?” Grandma responded, “Jesus.” Helen Grace asked, “What he doin’?” Grandma responded, “He’s having a bad day,” which got an “Awwww” out of HG.

This morning at breakfast, she popped an Apple Jack in her mouth and said, “Mmmm, ‘licious!”

When ’Olivia’ ended right at naptime today, I hit the pause button and started changing her diaper as she laid on the ottoman. She really wanted to finish the last bit of the show, so she grabbed the remote, looked it over, and hit the play button!!!!! How does she know that?!

No comments: