Saturday, September 3, 2011

Roman Play Date

On Friday, we met my friend, Gina, and her two little ones, Jane and Davey, for a painting play date that ended with lunch at Chick-fila-A. The girls are about a year apart, and Gina and I said more than once that watching them was like looking at the little girl versions of the two of us. They had a great time “gabbing,” and I hope they will grow to be great friends like their mommies.

We did have a “moment” when leaving Chick-fil-A. She didn’t want me to help her hold her balloon once we went outside (against my advice), and sure enough, the wind took off with her balloon. Now I still remember the terrible drama that ensued when I was a child and my balloon went out the car’s sunroof (it obviously scarred me), but luckily, she was much calmer than I was. We did go back inside for another one, but she didn’t have an all out breakdown, for which I was very proud.

paintingwith daveyold ladiesballoonsballoons2

No comments: